Five $10,000 College Scholarships Awarded
The Texas Wildlife Association Foundation (TWAF) and the San Antonio Livestock Exposition, Inc. (SALE) have joined forces to award five (5) $10,000 San Antonio Livestock Exposition, Inc. Scholarships. Scholarships were awarded to five (5) freshmen at Texas universities.
Scholarships for the 2016-2017 year have been awarded. Scholarship applications are generally posted at the end of the summer.
“As our population has grown, the strain on our natural resources has grown proportionately,” said TWAF Trustee Charles Davidson. “Our future depends on our ability to manage our natural resources wisely, balancing the needs of man and nature. It just makes sense to identify our future leaders and support them while they are getting their educations. We all will benefit from their expertise in the years to come.”
This is the tenth year that TWAF and SALE have teamed up to offer scholarships to future natural resource professionals. To date, $400,000 in scholarships has been awarded through this partnership.
- Participation in activities, internships, and experience related to the field of natural resource conservation in high school and/or college.
- Honors, awards, and leadership skills
- Degree plan option and academic achievements
- Answers to essay questions
- Recommendation letters
- Applications must be postmarked by November 14th. Winners will be announced by December 1st.
To be eligible for the scholarship, a student must be:
- A Texas resident
- A graduate of a Texas high school
- Must be enrolled on a full-time basis (minimum 12 credit hours per semester) in a Texas accredited college or university
- Classified as a “Freshman” or in first year after high school in the accredited program
- A citizen of the United States and provide a valid social security number if chosen
Students must also maintain 12 hours per semester and a minimum 2.5 GPA per semester.
Scholarships are awarded based on overall quality and on essay responses to a series of natural resource questions.
For more information contact Kassi Scheffer at firstname.lastname@example.org