L.A.N.D.S. Volunteer Training
Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a TWA L.A.N.D.S. Intensive volunteer! Without dedicated and knowledgeable individuals like yourself TWA would not be able to achieve the amazing impact we have on young Texans and in our great state.
TWA is looking for people who are willing to give their time and talent to help with the L.A.N.D.S. Intensive program. We need volunteers to teach and to help at organized events (photographer, time keeper, welcome table, etc.). We also need landowners willing to open their gates to students. And we need financial support. To make a donation please visit http://www.twafoundation.org and make sure to designate your donation to Conservation Legacy.
Steps to become a TWA volunteer:
1. Complete a TWA volunteer application:
2. TWA volunteers must go through a background check once a year at no cost to you:
3. Contact your regional Educational Program Specialist to attend a free local training
- 3-4 hour workshop
- Introduction to L.A.N.D.S. program and hands-on activities
- Tips to incorporate L.A.N.D.S. into your local community
- Held at local ISD facility or private ranch
- Volunteer or AT hours available
- You do not have to be an expert to help!
4. Communicate with your regional Educational Program Specialist to sign up as a volunteer at local events
Anyone can volunteer:
For those of you interested in volunteering, there are many opportunities. Watch our TWA Calendar for events that will be in your community or send us an e-mail and we'll be glad to get you involved.
North Texas - Robbin Hallford, email@example.com, 817-528-2695
South Texas - Leslie Wittenburg, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-680-6000
Central Texas - Brian Robert, email@example.com, 254-749-2237