Where is Our Water? - Wildlife by Design Across Texas
When: October 19, 2020
Where: Online - Zoom
Hosted By: TWA
Who: Designed for children/students (Grades K-8)
Wildlife by Design Across Texas pairs our classroom presentations with distance learning, allowing us to share our educational presentations with you anywhere across Texas!
Where Is Our Water? is an interactive program that covers a variety of water units, from the water cycle and water usage, to pollution and infiltration into our aquifers. During the presentation, activities and investigations will allow students to understand the impact that our use of water has on Texas aquifers, lakes, rivers, the land, humans, and wildlife. The main message is conservation!
- Available at no cost for all viewers!
- Presented using Zoom - watch on your computer or device
- Participation is limited to 100 participants/presentation
- 45 minutes in length, scheduled 2-3 days/week
- Designed for students in grades K-8, and Science TEKS-aligned.
- Five (5) presentations topics (details below) – Skins & Skulls, Birds of a Feather, Where Is Our Water?, Investigating Life Cycles, and Stewarding Soil
- There are optional bilingual questions and a worksheet that align with each presentation. Students could complete either during or after, if desired.