$10,000 Scholarships Available
The Texas Wildlife Association Foundation (TWAF) and the San Antonio Livestock Exposition, Inc. (SALE) have joined forces to offer $10,000 San Antonio Livestock Exposition, Inc. Scholarships. Scholarships will be awarded to incoming college freshmen at Texas universities.
“As our population has grown, the strain on our natural resources has grown proportionately,” said TWAF Trustee Charles Davidson. “Our future depends on our ability to manage our natural resources wisely, balancing the needs of man and nature. It just makes sense to identify our future leaders and support them while they are getting their educations. We all will benefit from their expertise in the years to come.”
This is the thirteenth year that TWAF and SALE have teamed up to offer scholarships to future natural resource stewards. To date, $550,000 in scholarships has been awarded through this partnership.
For an overview of the application components, click here.
Deadline: Complete applications (meeting all requirements) must be received by midnight on July 31st. Winners will be announced by August 15th.
Students receiving a San Antonio Livestock Exposition, Inc. Scholarship through the Texas Wildlife Association Foundation, Inc. must comply with the following guidelines:
- Must be a citizen of the United States and provide proof of citizenship.
- Must be a Texas high school graduate enrolling in a Texas college within 1 year of high school graduation.
- Must attend an accredited Texas college or university; no online degree programs.
- Must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 per semester on a 4.0 scale each semester (not cumulative) of each academic year to remain eligible.
- Must take a minimum of 12 hours per semester. Only one (1) online 3 – 4 hour course, taken at the college or university in which recipient is enrolled full time, will be funded per semester. The online course must be a curriculum requirement. Any additional online courses will not count towards the minimum 12 hours per semester and will not be funded.
- Participation in activities, internships, and experience related to the field of natural resource conservation in high school.
- Honors, awards, and leadership skills
- Degree plan option and academic achievements
- Answer to essay question
- Recommendation Letters
For more information contact Kassi Scheffer at firstname.lastname@example.org