Employment Opportunity Announcement: DFW Area Education Contractor
POSITION TITLE: Conservation Legacy Education Contractor
DEADLINE: April 22, 2015
AVAILABLE: May 2015
LOCATION: Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise counties
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION: To assist the Conservation Legacy (CL) Program Unit in accomplishing the educational goals, objectives, and programs of the Texas Wildlife Association (TWA) and Texas Wildlife Association Foundation (TWAF). CL Education Contractor will be responsible for (1) developing, promoting, and deploying youth educational programs in formal and informal venues, and (2) developing, promoting, and deploying natural resource and private land stewardship lessons to formal and informal educators via workshops and professional networks.
(1) Estimated 30-40 hours per week, from home
(2) Variable working hours including evenings and weekends
(3) Frequent travel to and from activities and events, utilizing personal vehicle
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in wildlife, natural resources, or education with a science background.
Must possess or be able to obtain a Texas class “C” vehicle operator’s license.
(1) Knowledge of natural resource issues and Texas flora and fauna
(2) Experience in working with teachers, volunteers, and youth
(3) Familiar with basic computer programs (Word, Power Point, Excel).
(4) Knowledge of TEKS
(5) Experience teaching in formal and informal settings.
(6) Experience in planning and implementing events or workshops.
FORWARD RESUME TO: c/o Helen Holdsworth, Texas Wildlife Association, 3660 Thousand Oaks Dr., Ste. 126, San Antonio, Texas 78247. Phone: 210/826-2904. Fax: 210/826-4933 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.