Employment Opportunity Announcement: DFW Area Education Contractor
POSITION TITLE: Conservation Legacy Education Contractor
DEADLINE: July 26, 2016
LOCATION: Collin, Denton, and Wise counties
COMPENSATION: Full-time, commensurate with experience
TERM: One-year contract
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION: To assist the Conservation Legacy (CL) Program in accomplishing the educational goals, objectives, and programs of the Texas Wildlife Association (TWA) and Texas Wildlife Association Foundation (TWAF) in the Greater Dallas/Fort Worth area with a focus in Collin, Denton, and Wise counties. Education Contractor, as part of the Conservation Legacy Outreach Program will be responsible for 1) developing, promoting, and deploying TWA’s natural resource and private land stewardship lessons to youth (Grades K-8) in formal and informal educational venues and to formal and informal educators via workshops and professional networks; 2) creating awareness, imparting knowledge and appreciation of our natural resources to students and educators; 3) instilling an understanding of practical land management measures that promote wildlife conservation; 4) imparting skills, values, techniques, and responsibilities by promoting natural resource conservation education opportunities on private lands; 5) recruiting, educating, and providing leadership to volunteer leaders, urban residents, and youth participants about natural resources stewardship; and 6) providing, facilitating, coordinating, and highlighting events and activities of the Texas Wildlife Association.
Duties for the Education Contractor:
- Maintain communications, publicity and promotions, reporting, registration and records, and volunteer recruiting and management for youth education programs.
- Assist CL Team with engaging students, educators, educational institutions, administrations, organizations, agencies, landowners, volunteers, and groups with common interests as participants, cooperators, and sponsors in Conservation Legacy Programs.
- Assist with other TWAF and TWA educational programs and special events via regional co-hosts and/or TWA Regional Teams and/or other Sponsors.
- Other duties as directed by the CL Outreach Programs Director.
- Estimated 40 hours per week
- Use of personal computer, printer, and associated office supplies
- Frequent travel to and from activities and events, utilizing personal vehicle
- Will work out of home office with available storage for equipment
- Variable working hours including evenings and weekends
- Resides in the Greater Dallas/Fort Worth area in close proximity to Collin, Denton, and Wise counties
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in wildlife, natural resources, or education with a science background.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Texas class “C” vehicle operator’s license.
- Knowledge of natural resource issues and Texas flora and fauna.
- Experience in working with youth, teachers, and volunteers.
- Familiar with basic computer programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Knowledge of TEKS.
- Experience teaching in formal and informal settings.
- Experience in planning and implementing events and workshops.
FORWARD RESUME TO: c/o Kassi Scheffer, Texas Wildlife Association, 3660 Thousand Oaks Dr., Ste. 126, San Antonio, Texas 78247. Phone: 210/826-2904. Fax: 210/826-4933 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.