Employment Opportunity - TYHP Field Operations Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Field Operations Coordinator – Texas Youth Hunting Program – South & West, TX
COMPENSATION: Salary, commensurate with experience
POSITION LOCATION: TWA Headquarters Office, New Braunfels
HOURS: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
TERM: At Will
SUPERVISOR: Chris Mitchell, Director of Texas Youth Hunting Program
Closing Date: Friday, September 15, 2021, 5pm Central Standard Time.
*Applications submitted after this date will not be considered. Additionally, incomplete applications will also not be considered.
General Position Description:
This full time, salaried position provides field operations support for the Texas Youth Hunting Program (TYHP). Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in furthering TYHP goals, objectives and programs
- Responsible for establishing relationships with area youth and volunteer organizations to increase program participation statewide, with primary focus in South and West Texas
- Responsible for the program’s field operations statewide, with primary focus in the South and West Texas Area, which includes recruiting landowners, volunteers, and youth hunters
- Assist with management of social media platforms and website
- Writing occasional professional articles for the monthly Texas Wildlife magazine
- Assist TWA Director of Development and TYHP Director with grant writing and reporting
- Training, managing and supporting TYHP volunteers; including mentoring new huntmasters, finding volunteers for hunts, and finding new volunteers leadership for assigned areas
- Scheduling meetings and events to promote TYHP
- Purchasing and transporting supplies and equipment for volunteer use, and managing program trailer assets
- Manage program firearm assets, and transfer of firearms to volunteers and parent participants
- Performing other duties as assigned including working statewide with other employees as needed
- Working Conditions: Variable working hours to include weekends and frequent travel