Natural Resource-Excellence in Teaching Award
Texas Wildlife Association Foundation, Inc. And San Antonio Livestock Exposition, Inc. Announce the Natural Resource-Excellence in Teaching Award
Four (4) $2,000 awards will be given to the winning teachers’ schools.
Teachers receiving a Texas Wildlife Association Foundation, Inc. and San Antonio Livestock Exposition, Inc. Natural Resource-Excellence In Education Award must comply with the following guidelines:
- Must teach full-time at an accredited K-12 school.
- At least one of the awards will go to one teacher from one school in the following counties:
Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Frio, Gillespie, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Kendall, Kerr, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Wilson, and Zavala.
- The other three are not restricted to any specific counties in Texas.
- One complete application form
- Essay question responses
- 2 Letters of support (one from principal, school board, or administration and one from the community such as a parent or natural resource professional or volunteer)
- Any sample lesson plans or curricula you wish to provide as an example (optional)
All required documentation must be submitted in one packet.
- Demonstrates use of innovative techniques and curricula to promote natural resource literacy among students.
- Ability to articulate the importance of conservation to the future of Texas and Texans and a demonstrated effort to equip students, the future decision-makers, with critical thinking skills.
Applications must be postmarked by December 1st, 2016. Winners will be announced December 19th, 2016.
For additional information, please call Leslie Wittenburg (512) 680-6000 or e-mail email@example.com.