TWA Career Opportunity - Director of Engagement
POSITION TITLE: Director of Engagement
SALARY: Competitive compensation commensurate with experience (plus benefits)
LOCATION: San Antonio, TX
CONTACT: David Yeates, Chief Executive Officer
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, Texas Wildlife Association (TWA) seeks a self-starter who is an organized and detail-oriented professional, for administering TWA’s comprehensive membership recruitment and retention program along with special events associated with the goals and objectives of TWA’s membership efforts in accordance with the policies established by the TWA Board of Directors and the TWA Executive Committee.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Manage and coordinate a comprehensive membership recruitment and retention program to include recruiting TWA landowners, organizations, agencies, volunteers and groups with common TWA interests.
- Provide direction on development and implementation of membership goals and objectives.
- Serve as lead TWA staff liaison for TWA Membership Committee participating in and executing the plans and programs initiated by this committee.
- Take lead role in coordinating special TWA promotional events/exhibit booths including venues such as expos, stock shows, trade shows, conventions, and other venues that promote TWA and TWA membership.
- Serve as a member of the TWA Management Team and work collaboratively with the broader staff to effectively improve all aspects of TWA programs and outreach.
- Produce accurate monthly membership reports, and coordinate with the membership committee to report membership status to Executive Committee Members and other TWA leaders as appropriate.
- Assist with membership articles for Texas Wildlife magazine as directed.
- Participate in corporate fundraising, to include event sponsorship and the sale of advertising in the Texas Wildlife Association monthly magazine, Texas Wildlife.
- Knowledge of and personal commitment to hunting, conservation, land management, natural resource management.
- Strong skills, initiative, and motivation to work with Texas landowners, hunters, and businesses in an unsupervised environment.
- Ability to deliver professional presentations to corporations, landowners, youth and the general public.
- Ability to work cooperatively with volunteer leadership, volunteer workers, donors and sponsors.
- Strong skills in fundraising, preferably in non-profit organizations.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in business and/or office management, quarterly reporting and general fiscal planning.
- Strong organizational, writing and database management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and coordinate strong, visible programs.
Preference will be given to individuals with demonstrated experience in membership coordination, event coordination, fundraising, volunteer management and proficiency with computers and and/or database software. The successful candidate will join a team of dedicated professionals with wide-ranging expertise in all aspects of conservation education, policy advocacy, organizational development, private lands management, hunting heritage promotion and public engagement.
- Full Time.
- Variable working hours, weekends occasionally, minimum 40 hr. work-week.
- Fairly frequent travel statewide.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience Preferred: Two years of experience in database management, fundraising, sales, conservation, and natural resource administration/management.
- License: Must possess or be able to obtain a Texas class “C” vehicle operator’s license.
- Resumes must be submitted and will be verified by TWA.
- Must have professional, cooperative, and family-oriented office and public demeanor.
- At will employment letter must be signed.
FORWARD RESUME TO:
Texas Wildlife Association c/o David Brimager
3660 Thousand Oaks Dr., Suite 126
San Antonio, Texas 78247
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This is who we are.