Five $10,000 College Scholarships Awarded
The Texas Wildlife Association Foundation (TWAF) and the San Antonio Livestock Exposition, Inc. (SALE) have joined forces to award five (5) $10,000 San Antonio Livestock Exposition, Inc. Scholarships. Scholarships are awarded to five (5) freshmen at Texas universities.
The deadline to apply for a scholarship for the 2017-2018 school year has passed. Please check back during summer 2018 for more information.
“As our population has grown, the strain on our natural resources has grown proportionately,” said TWAF Trustee Charles Davidson. “Our future depends on our ability to manage our natural resources wisely, balancing the needs of man and nature. It just makes sense to identify our future leaders and support them while they are getting their educations. We all will benefit from their expertise in the years to come.”
This is the 11th year that TWAF and SALE have teamed up to offer scholarships to future natural resource professionals. To date, $450,000 in scholarships has been awarded through this partnership.
- Participation in activities, internships, and experience related to the field of natural resource conservation in high school and/or college.
- Honors, awards, and leadership skills
- Degree plan option and academic achievements
- Answers to four essay questions
To be eligible for the scholarship, a student must be:
- Must be a citizen of the United States and provide proof of citizenship.
- Must be a Texas high school graduate enrolling in a Texas college within 1 year of high school graduation.
- Must attend an accredited Texas college or university; no online degree programs.
- Must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 per semester on a 4.0 scale each semester (not cumulative) of each academic year to remain eligible.
- Must take a minimum of 12 hours per semester. Only one (1) online 3 – 4 hour course, taken at the college or university in which recipient is enrolled full time, will be funded per semester. The online course must be a curriculum requirement. Any additional online courses will not count towards the minimum 12 hours per semester and will not be funded.
For more information contact Kassi Scheffer at email@example.com